Sunday, January 11, 2009

the good part about drinking


I was talking to a friend last night while were sitting sipping infused vodka (yum=Lime+Mint, also yum=Kumquat) at this new restaurant, and she always has plenty to say, most of it insightful, much of it silly. it's a big part of why we're friends. the silly bit especially.

but i wander.

anyway. we figured out that we are of two different temperaments which pretty much changes how we handle everything. and how happy we are while were handling it. i am what you would call "angsty" and she is "chill". i torture myself with what i should be doing artistically, professionally, family-wise, whathave you; she just lives her life and moves forward. this is my version.

her version is that i'm always doing, and she is complacent. see? i told you we see things differently.

but my point is this: we both eventually get to the same place, we both meet our little goals (not the big ones yet, although of course she doesn't stress about this) so i am going to try really hard to be more "chill" about my progression and percieved sucesses and failures.

i am going to try really hard not to torture myself anymore.

2 comments:

Jess said...

this is right. hmmm. which category for me hahahaha.

Jess said...

um, i didn't mean to say that you are angsty...just that your basic breakdown of people types is true. is my re-commenting a case in point of my own angst? yes. bermo. that's the word i have to type to post. thought you might like it.